Professional Development Opportunities
There are many opportunities to gain Professional Development in PeaceJam's award-winning curriculum, either by participating in the full, in-person curriculum training, the online introductory training, or in smaller segments through our webinars. Below are listed some upcoming PD events. Registration links will be live shortly.
- November 29th, 4:00-5:30 PM: Webinar 1: "Social Justice, Community Engagement, and Project-Based Learning." Register HERE
- December 4th, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM: Professional Development Day (limited to employees of 4J School District in Eugene.)
- December 9th, 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM: PeaceJam Full Curriculum Training. Intended for educators or out-of-school youth workers serving middle and high school. Cost $250 for two particpants, includng training, printed and pdf curriculum. Location in Portland TBA.
- January 12th, 4:00-5:30 PM: Webinar 2: "MLK, Soul-force and the Community Classroom."
If you are interested in hosting our team of experienced educators for a Professional Development Session at your district, school or learning community, contact email@example.com to schedule. Please plan at least 45 days in advance.
Internship and Volunteer Positions:
There are many ways to work with PeaceJam and to lend your gifts to the vision of inspiring even more youth to take action to solve the big issues. Applying for a formal internship is an excellent way to gain experience in community organizing, event planning, educational outreach and program coordination. If you are interested in any of our internship or volunteer opportunities below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- Outreach Specialist: (two positions) duties include networking with schools and educational programs throughout the region, following up with new clubs and helping to organize curriculum trainings. <POSITIONS FILLED>
- Assistant Program Coordinator: duties include assisting Regional Coordinator with organizational planning, event planning, and communication with regional partners.
- Planning Team Youth Position: (two positions) requirements: must be 14-18 years old and can commit to weekly after school meetings in the Eugene area from October-March. Interested applicants send a resume and a short letter explaining your interest to email@example.com by Sept 21st.
UO students and other adults: If you are near Eugene, Oregon, interested in volunteering and looking for an amazing cause and a great group of people to volunteer with, consider helping out on our Leadership Team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest.
Launch of PeaceJam Coaches Program:
As our partnership with the University of Oregon deepens, more and new U of O students will be studying PeaceJam's service learning model, curriculum and Laureates, designing their own social change service projects, and getting certified to provide aid with PeaceJam programs in area schools. If you are a teacher or adviser of a PeaceJam club in Lane County, and would like to request a skilled UO student to hold an info-session, visit your class, or help advise an after-school club, contact us at email@example.com.
Save the Date!
April 6th Public Talk by Shirin Ebadi at the EMU Ballroom, U of O, 7:00- 8:30pm
April 7th-8th PeaceJam Youth Conference with Shirin Ebadi at the University of Oregon. Registration opens January.
See what a PeaceJam Conference is all about:
Who We Are
PeaceJam Northwest exists as a collaboration between the University of Oregon, which acts as our host and sponsoring University, and the LEARN Foundation, our local fiscal sponsor through which we offer K-12 programming and professional development.
At the University, we work in collaboration with:
- the Office of International Affairs
- Global Justice Program/ Savage Endowment
- the Holden Center for Leadership and Community Engagement
- the Division of Undergraduate Studies
- the Division of Equity and Inclusion
- the UO PeaceJam Club
In addition, we contract with schools and districts throughout the Pacific Northwest to provide curriculum and professional development in PeaceJam's award-winning service-learning program.
Academy of Arts and Academics
Eugene School District 4J
Linus Pauling Middle School, Corvallis
Portland Community College
Ridgeline Montessouri School, Eugene
Seven Oaks Middle School, Lebanon
Springfield High School
Northwest Regional Coordinator,