- To enter the Global Call to Action Challenge you must create something that tells the world about your project for change. You can choose ONE of the following methods:
Whatever method you choose, we want you to tell us about your project in a way that will make people want to get up and get active in their own communities. Make sure you include details about the tangible results of your project- for example, how many people did you impact? Why does your project make a difference?
- a short video
- a magazine-style article, preferably with photos
- a Powerpoint presentation
- If your project is not currently registered with PeaceJam.org, you must register it in order to submit. Registration is easy and makes you a member of the PeaceJam community. You can register an account on the site by going here and register a project by going here and clicking "Register a GCA Project" in the blue box on the right.
- You enter the Challenge as a team. Everyone working on your project is your team. (If your team is just you, that’s okay.) It’s up to your team to decide how to create your entry. Everyone can work on it or you can give the job to one person.
- Entries to the Challenge can be in English or Spanish, and you may include subtitles in English or Spanish if your entry is in a language other than English or Spanish.
- To be eligible for the Grand Prize, your team must be located in North America (Mexico, the United States or Canada)
- Videos and PowerPoint presentations must have a total run time between 3 minutes and 5 minutes.
- Articles must be 500 to 1500 words. Written entries must include at least one photograph of your team working on your project. (Working on your project includes planning and talking about it.)
- You can begin sending in your entries now. All entries submitted online must be in by midnight, September 28, 2012. All mailed entries must be received by September 28, 2012. Winners will be announced in October, 2012.
- You must read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Global Call to Action Challenge.
- Submit your entry by following the instructions here.