Start a PeaceJam Program or Club (any age)
Starting a club brings you to the next level in PeaceJam involvement. It's the first step towards attending a conference and studying the curriculum. Plus once you're in a club you will get access to hosting events, adding photos and videos, and more. What are you waiting for? Follow the steps below to get started!
- Pick a PeaceJam Program: Juniors (ages 5-11), Leaders (ages 11-14), Ambassadors (ages 14-18), Scholars (18-29), or Juvenile Justice (youth in juvenile justice system)
- Get Youth Involved! Bring together a group of at least 8-10 youth. This can be a new or existing school club, part of an academic or elective class, part of a faith based group, or part of a community youth group.
- Register Your PeaceJam Club with the PeaceJam Foundation right here on this website by clicking the link to the right titled Create a new PeaceJam Club. (Only Adult Advisors can create clubs).
- Adult Adviser Training: The adult adviser of the group needs to participate in a 6 hour PeaceJam Training where they will learn to facilitate the year-long PeaceJam program. Online training is also available for most programs. Check the Events Page for upcoming PeaceJam trainings. If none are listed for your region then contact your local Affiliate for information.
- Set Regular Meetings to study the PeaceJam curriculum and learn about the life and work of the Nobel Peace Laureates.
- Create & Implement a Global Call to Action Project: Select an issue in the community (local or global) that your group would like work on, and develop a service-learning project to address that issue and connects to the “Global Call to Action”.
- For youth age 14 and older: Attend the PeaceJam Slam where you will connect with other PeaceJammers, share your progress on your Global Call to Action Plans and find out which Nobel Peace Laureate will be coming to your region that year.
- For youth age 14 and older: Attend the PeaceJam Youth Conference with a Nobel Peace Laureate! Each year, your group and 350 other PeaceJam youth attend a two-day PeaceJam Youth Conference with the Nobel Peace Laureate that you have been studying. During the weekend you will interact personally with the Laureate, university student mentors, and other high school age youth from around the region. You will have a chance to participate in a Q&A session with the Laureate, attend workshops, participate in a service project, and present your Global Call to Action project directly to the Laureate.